Monday, January 16, 2012

The Holiday Afterglow

Maybe it’s just me, but just after “the most wonderful time of the year” is my favorite time of year. I love the start of the new year and all of the passion and resolve that it brings. I have been especially busy these first few weeks of January simply because I have soo many new things I am researching and implementing. I have overheard several conversations during the last few days where people are talking about their new fitness goals or new resolutions to make positive impacts on their financial situation – and I have to admit that the latter statement really made my ears perk up.

What is it about the first week of January that makes us feel all warm and inspired? Why do we feel the need to make changes simply because a date changed? I have a theory that I think holds true in my life and maybe for your too:

I crave improvement

I think I might be an improvement addict. It doesn’t matter how marginal the improvement is, I love it. I even love just thinking about it. That might give some of you a little insight to who I am as a person but the truth is there. I think at the end of the day the reason I love the afterglow of the holidays is simply because I can see what we did, measure it, and think about ways to improve next year.

Does that hold true for you? Why do you chose to make resolutions or goals around the first of the year?

No comments:

Post a Comment