1. Increase your retirement contribution by at least 1%
2. Set up a Holiday Savings Account and contribute to it monthly for next year’s gift giving expenses.
3. Save 1.5% of the value of your home this year for up-keep expenses.
4. Set up a time (and put it on your calendar) each week to meet with your significant other to review your budget.
5. Emergency fund – don’t have one? Get one. ($1,000 minimum)
6. Pay off your credit card in 2013.
7. Switch to a 15 year mortgage.
8. Make sure you have disability insurance.
9. Track your progress with Mint.com
10. Avoid bank fees by making a switch to a local credit union.
11. Open a Roth IRA.
12. Save $20 a week (that will add up to over $1000) for a vacation and then take one.
13. Write a Will.