Jim Collison and Andrew Hunt are together again for the April Fools edition of the Financial Tech Podcast. In a jam packed podcast, we cover some tips and tricks to winning the lottery without ever playing it! This could be the best 30 minutes of your day.
“I think we have all heard it said before: “Once I win the lottery, then I can do…”
Wouldn’t that be great!? Winning the lottery – wow that would be cool.
· The odds of winning the Powerball: 76,275,360 to 1.
· The odds of getting struck by lightning once in a life time: 3,000 to 1
· The odds of getting struck by lightning twice: 9,000,000 to 1
WHAT!? You are more likely to get hit by lightning twice than winning the Powerball!
So let’s say that you do win the lottery…
Researchers at Kentucky, Vanderbilt and Pittsburgh studied the Florida lottery.
They found the 5.5% filed for bankruptcy within 5 years of winning. Large winners were just as likely to file as small winners!
Money does not change who you are… it simply magnifies your relationship to money!
So what are the take-a-ways?
1. Pay yourself first
2. Have a goal of saving 16.6% of your salary each year
3. Playing the lottery is a waste of time, money, and emotion – Create your own lottery!
4. Achieve your dreams by making it automatic.
On a lighter note… Andrew is a big fan of April Fool’s Day, so here is what he did to Ronny at the office this morning.
Happy April Fool’s – Now go out and have some fun!